Full Time Graphic Designer & Project Coordinator
who we are:
First in Print is a team of creatives with a special knack for figuring out unique printing challenges. Enchanted by the unique marketing materials that support beverage and food brands, we’ve developed an ever-expanding line of point-of-sale products geared towards the industry. We’re delighted to serve a wide range of clients- from small craft breweries to international wine and spirits brands, and the agencies that design for them. Demand for our products and services is growing, and we’re expanding our team in order to keep up!
who we hope you are:
- You're a spirited designer with a fresh eye, eager to learn and achieve.
- Design is integrated in to your life- you practice it, study it, follow it, collect it, pin it, and actively seek new inspirations.
- You have a positive attitude and view success as a collaborative, collective effort amongst your team.
- You're a great listener and note-taker, and thrive in a work environment with quickly shifting priorities and deadlines.
- As a motivated self-starter, you require little supervision but take direction well and appreciate constructive feedback.
- You're incredibly organized with excellent attention to detail and diligence for learning from your mistakes.
- You understand and appreciate the difference between commercial and fine art, and you're eager to dazzle clients with creative commercial design.
- You enjoy working with clients and appreciate your role in helping them achieve their goals.
Are you beaming with recognition after reading that description? Press on!
what you'll do:
- Help clients to find the best print solutions for their marketing projects
- Design a variety of print materials for new and loyal clients
- Perform pre-press checks on customer-supplied artwork
- Work directly with vendors to facilitate production of jobs
- Stay incredibly organized, maintaining detailed client briefs and an orderly file system
- Actively improve your workflow to achieve more in less time with a smaller margin for error
- Build and nurture relationships with clients
- Contribute creatively to the marketing campaigns and brand development of First in Print
- Never stop learning, improving, experimenting, or growing as a creative professional
what you'll need:
- 1-3 years of experience in a brand, studio, or agency setting
- Expert skills in Adobe CC- especially InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Comfortable using MAC operating system
other helpful attributes:
- Understanding of offset printing process and experience designing die-cut materials
- Ability to write and edit basic HTML and CSS, and familiarity with Wordpress
- Marketing knowledge, and experience with Mailchimp, Hootsuite, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
benefits & compensation:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Monthly bonuses
- Monthly health and wellness stipend
- Paid holidays
- Earned PTO
- Access to Aflac Benefits
- A strong company culture centered around self improvement, success, and fun!
If you’re the positive, driven, paper-loving, typography-ace we’re looking for, send your resume and digital portfolio our way. Please include a brief introduction to let us know why you're the one!
apply join our talent pool
If we're not hiring for this position right this second, or if you're considering applying in the future, we'd love to invite you to join our talent pool. Subscribers will be the first to know about new openings when they become available.